We are proud of our diverse student and staff population. You’ll find links on this page to access what equality, diversity and inclusion means, some of our key equality policies, documents and statistical information on our student and staff profiles.
Athena Swan Bronze Award
We have Athena Swan accreditation, which is a higher education accreditation for demonstrating commitment and excellence in gender equality.
Stonewall Diversity Champions
We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion which shows that the University is committed to having a positive attitude towards ensuring and promoting equality for LGBT staff and students.
Please contact us for any information and support you may need. From how to use terminology that is inclusive, to implementing great ideas in your courses, we can help you to enhance your students’ learning experiences while studying with us.
Making Your Teaching Inclusive
- This Accessibility Guidance: Overview (CU LibGuides) is designed to help staff create different document formats (Word, Pdf, PowerPoint) for their academic research and teaching which meet appropriate accessibility criteria.
- This resource from CU's Knowledge Base outlines the importance of accessibility and inclusion for teaching and learning practice, and offers some practical tips for educators.
- Check out this "Light Bite" video on creating a Narrated Powerpoint Video with a Transcript' (YouTube, closed captions available).
- This Spark page on inclusive assessment gives an overview of how to design your assessments to maximise chances of success for all students.
- The following resource explores accessibility as one aspect of inclusive teaching.