Resources available for staff
This Remote Teaching page describes the resources available to staff needing to teach remotely with a focus on tools that can be used by academics to deliver lecture content and engage students in real time conversations remotely.
- Coventry University Guidance for Online Teaching and Learning Delivery using Moodle
- 8 steps to boost your digital teaching skills
- Guidance document for supporting dissertations and projects while working online and remotely
- Managing one-to-one online tutorials
- Moving to online learning - a learning design guide
Alternatives to face-to-face assessment
This document provides some manageable alternatives to consider, together with some important considerations. You can find reasonable adjustments to be used in times of crisis, which will not exactly replicate the original assessments, but may offer your students some manageable alternatives in challenging times.
Resources for Students
The resources below are designed for use by students.
- Student guide to achieving success in Online Learning
- Explorer's Skills Guide
- Social Media Guidelines for Students
The Learning Object below can be incorporated into your learning design
Discussion around live sessions and recorded videos
Ian Upton and Luis Pereira reflect about some of the options for teaching online.
Ian Upton runs a Light Bite Webinar on How to create a video from your PowerPoint Slides.
You can book a place for one of the following webinars:
- Webinars – creating great learning experiences
- Sharing engaging recorded sessions
- Assessing students online
- Generic questions about teaching online
Find more details about times and slots availbale on the booking system.