At Coventry we have a “course based” approach. All courses have “Course Directors” who are responsible for the effective running and development of their course. Faculty Registry teams are assigned to departments and support the courses for both Academic staff and students.
Courses have a “Programme Specification” which tells everyone involved all about the course including:
- Educational aims of the programme
- Intended learning outcomes
- Programme structure and requirements
- Support for students and their learning
- Criteria for admission
- Methods for evaluation and enhancing the quality and standards of teaching and learning
- Regulation of assessment
- Indicators of quality and standards
- List of mandatory and option modules
- Capabilities (skills) map
The programme specification is the starting point for discovering about the course and Academic language and terminology!