Shared practice: Sparking innovations and creations
At Coventry we have a community of educators with a passion to enhance and drive forward teaching and learning. For inspiration, explore the following...
- Joe Thorogood (Human Geography) was interviewed by some students/engagement ambassadors from the Centre for Learning and Teaching, University of Bath. Check out their YouTube video in which they discuss all things teaching, including whether essays work as a form of assessment, and the value of saying 'I don't know'.
- Coventry's Disruptive Media Learning Lab has a wealth of resources showcasing innovative pedagogical practice, including inspirational case studies and a toolbox of off-the-shelf resources to support your teaching. See also the DMLL YouTube channel.
- The Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing (EEC) has produced videos to showcase Teaching Excellence across all three of their Schools. The principles of many of the approaches used in EEC could be successfully applied to different disciplines.
- Computing, Electronics and Mathematics
- Mechanical, Aerospace and Automotive Engineering
- Energy, Construction and Environment
- This video on Coventry University: Proud of our Teaching Excellence includes insights from staff and students on what makes excellent teaching, as reflected in the institution's TEF Gold award.
- In this video (visible to CU staff only), Marina Orsini-Jones from the Faculty of Arts and Humanities talks about her work on distributed flipped MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses) blends. This example is in the context of English language teaching, but the approach is transferrable to other disciplines.
- Learn about how colleagues in Health and Life Sciences (HLS) are harnessing the power of 5G to enable innovative and inclusive teaching in this YouTube video.